Friday, March 20, 2009

Miss Conservative Of The Week

Finally we get a Miss Conservative that is not from California. They were starting to embarrass the rest of the country. This weeks winner comes to you from Illinois. She is the Secretary of RNHA of IL Cook Chapter, the Hispanic Outreach Lead and IL Chair for Smart Girl Politics. Your Miss Conservative of the Week is Christina Villanueva.

you can email your nominee to theconservativecomeback@yahoo.com . Dont have to be famous. Just hot, smart, and conservative







A picture with her mother, who she calls her inspiration.


1) Who is your favorite politician?

I would definitely have to say former President George W. Bush. He made a lot of decisions that were not easy nor popular. Many people were not happy with him by the end of his term but he was not in it for a popularity contest. He did what he beieved to be was right and best for the country. Of course there were decisions that were not the best but he stuck by his decisions no matter what. He didn't try to blame others if the outcome was negative. I can respect his stand more than someone whos beliefs are never clear but are double-minded in all they do.

2) What is the most important issue to you?

Sustaining morality. Things in our society have become perverted - where right is wrong and wrong is right.

3) Ever think of running for office?

I have and others have made the suggestion. I know there are those who would say that there's too much stress involved and yes, it's apparent there is. If you pay enough attention to the media you can imagine how much stress and invasion comes into a person's life but for those who want to make a difference in the world -- it definitely will take courage and perseverance -- I choose look at things from former President John Quincy Adams point of view, “Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” Stress? What Stress? LOL

Though I must note, I don't believe running for office is the only way to make a difference, there are definitely other ways to get involved.

4) Why are you a conservative?

I was born that way. All kidding aside, I did grow up in a conservative home but my beliefs and values stem from what the word of God, the Bible, establishes as right and wrong. It is embedded inside of me and to quote Martin Luther when he was being tried before the Roman Catholic church, “I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.” I pray that I have that same courage and resolve when my time comes.

You can check out more of Christina on smartgirlpolitics and if you are on twitter you can follow her @smartlupgirl

4 comments:

  1. I just have the opportunity to meet her not long ago and what you see is what you get...a beatiful Hispanic young lady and on top of it? smart and conservative!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's my BFF from grade school...and I am VERY proud of knowing you and coming from similar backgrounds girl! I know we approach change from a diffferent perspective but what is impressive to me is not a persons's politics or affiliations...but rather their desire, tenacity, and boldness to ACT and actually make that change a reality! I will always stand behind and admire someone who has integrity and values and who believes in the greater good for ALL...not just a few in our society... Love ya, and God bless you in all that you do! ;)

    Cristina

    p.s. you're still my first choice "date"...lol

    ReplyDelete