Thursday, May 7, 2009

Free Cars In Massachusetts...You're Paying

Boston Herald- Gov. Deval Patrick’s free wheels for welfare recipients program is revving up despite the stalled economy, as the keys to donated cars loaded with state-funded insurance, repairs and even AAA membership are handed out to get them to work.

But the program - fueled by a funding boost despite the state’s fiscal crash - allows those who end up back on welfare to keep the cars anyway.

“It’s mind-boggling. You’ve got people out there saying, ‘I just lost my job. Hey, can I get a free car, too?’ ” said House Minority Leader Brad Jones (R-North Reading).


Where was this story yesterday? I literally just bought a car yesterday. I grabbed the Herald on my way to work this morning and find out that the car I was picking up later that day could've been mine for free. Well, free in the sense that I'd be given one while watching you pay my excise tax, insurance, registration, title, and AAA membership. Damn I could've saved my ass a lot of money. But then again I have a job and pay taxes, which in 2009 means you're shit outta luck.

Must read today- Howie Carrs column in the Herald on this

1 comment:

  1. Well you know, priorities. First you have to get the free car to go with your free gas!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

    Up next, free mortgages. Oh wait...

    ReplyDelete