Saturday, June 6, 2009

Is Google Serious?


Google is known for changing their page during certain holidays and anniversaries. So, on the 65th anniversary of D-Day does Google have a backdrop of the stars and stripes? No. A soldier? No. Google instead chose to commerorate this day by celebrating the 25th anniversary of Tetris, a video game that I dominated when I was in kindergarten.

Now I happen to like using Google. This blog is actually hosted by Google. I just can't understand the thought process. Millions of people who use Google across the world today could've been reminded of the huge sacrifice that allied forces made 65 years ago today. Americans alone saw 6600 casualties in one day. Who raised there in hand in a meeting and said, "Ya, all that's true, but I still think we should go with Tetris."

No comments:

Post a Comment