Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wait, I thought words mattered?

Being on vacation this week, I've done a good job at immunizing myself from all political wonk. But between David Letterman, the Holocaust Museum shooter, and the Rev. Wrong, like a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain, I couldn't quit this blog.

So remember last week, after the death of "Doctor" Tiller? You couldn't read a blog or turn on the tv without hearing the phrase "words matter". That of course was the liberal matra ginned up in trying to prove that Bill O'Reilly and others on Fox News were somehow complicit in this man's murder.

So if that was the standard last week, couldn't it be said it should be the standard this week? And taking that view, how about the words of the Obama's BFF, Rev. Wright? "Them Jews". Reeeeally? Remember last year on the campaign trail when most of us with a functioning brain cell voiced concerns over this Reverend of the Afro-Centric (and arguably anti-Semitic church)?

Why don't those words matter now? Especially when we heard Obama in Cairo last week equating the Palestinian plight in Gaza to the Holocaust? Is there really no ideological connection between the hate of the good Reverand and his "son" Obama when it comes to the Jews. Oh wait, excuse me, "them Jews". Silly me, I forgot that was the venacular we are to be using now.

No comments:

Post a Comment