Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Miss Conservative of the Week

This weeks Miss Conservative of the Week is Sophia E Gomez. She comes to us by way of Arizona.

you can email your nominee to theconservativecomeback@yahoo.com . Dont have to be famous. Just hot, smart, and conservative





1) Who is your favorite politician?

I have always been, for the most part, a Reagan Republican. Most of us know that the late President Ronald W. Reagan’s largest significance during his presidency was his role in helping put an end to the Soviet Union by befriending its leader, Gorbachev.

President Reagan upheld the principles of self-reliance (personal responsibility), self-discipline, morality, and above all, responsible liberty (individual freedom) for every individual. He believed in America’s traditional values of faith, family, and work to continue rebuilding its defenses (limited government) and to redirect history “away from totalitarian darkness.”

President Reagan knew that the Founding Fathers made it clear that the safety (strong national defense) of law-abiding citizens should be one of the government’s primary concerns. He addressed the economic climate during his administration by adopting an economic policy whereby tax cuts (lower taxes) were created to help increase savings, spending, and investment (hold taxes and spending down to maintain economic growth). Inflation went down and after a time and so did unemployment. President Reagan revived and restored the prosperity of America.

2) What is the most important issue to you?

I have a couple of issues that are important to me. The first issue is that our government should focus on providing our nation with a strong national defense just as the preamble of the United States Constitution clearly states. Our government’s primary role is to protect us from both domestic attacks and foreign invasions. I support our troops and I am thankful that they are the men and women who protect and serve our country and fight for our freedoms. Secondly, it is important to me that our government not interfere with capitalism, free market, free enterprise, etc. Our government’s role is to defend our country, not run it.

3) Have you ever thought of running for office?

Yes, I have thought about it. I would’ve loved to serve our country in a public office capacity. But, I believe, at my age, it’s a little too late to “start” a career in Politics. However, because I am a woman of faith, I believe that there is still hope for me to serve in some way. God does not always call the qualified, but He qualifies the called. I believe whoever is voted into public office should listen to their constituents and do what is in the best interest of the people and America. There is no room for self-interest in public office.



4) Why are you a conservative? I am a conservative because I believe in:

• traditional family values
• the sanctity of marriage
• a commitment to faith and religion
• the right to life for every human being
• limited government
• lower taxes
• a strong national defense
• individual freedom
• personal responsibility

and I believe that they are all foundations of American government.
To find out more about Sophia you can check her out on twitter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment