Thursday, June 18, 2009

Miss Conservative of the Week

We're going back to Cali for this weeks Miss Conservative. I looked past her flaw of being a Lakers fan (If Garnett wasn't injured we'd be talking about a Celtics repeat right now). That being said she meets all 3 criteria for the Miss Conservative of the Week award: hot, smart, and conservative. This weeks Miss Conservative is Lorna Badeo.







1) Who is your favorite politician?

Ah, the age old question. It’s a bit of a tie at this moment in my life to be honest. I grew up sure of one thing when it came to politics – Ronald Reagan was the be all end all. Perhaps a bit naïve, but the fact that he spoke to me at such a young age was golden. I don’t think my admiration and respect for President Reagan will ever change – scratch that – it gets stronger every day because his optimism and love of America and her people lives on through my favorite Alaskan.

Sarah Palin. I know, how predictable. Sarah from Alaska . Sarah Barracuda. Sarah’Cuda. The Guv. Whatever you wanna call her, I like her. A lot. She’s exactly who I’ve been waiting for in a leader. Optimism, personal responsibility, unshakeable faith, grace, honesty, thirst for knowledge, confident, humble…I could go on. Because of her, I walk with a little more confidence, I speak with a little more passion, and my head is held a little higher.



2) What is the most important issue to you?

Personal Responsibility

I don’t know that you can really classify this as an issue but I feel like it’s a common thread throughout many of the issues that are commonly mentioned – taxes, welfare, education, etc. There’s always a starting point in tackling any issue and bringing about a viable solution. Sometimes bringing about that solution requires going back in time and discovering what got us into a particular predicament. And guess what? A lot of the time, it’s about individuals letting go of their responsibilities and letting some other entity pick up their slack. But that entity is not necessarily there for the general welfare. I know I’m speaking in very general terms, but you catch my drift.



3) Have you ever thought of running for office?

I can honestly say that running for office is not in my cards. I think. Well, I guess I should say, “never say never”. However, as of now and looking to my future, it’s a no. I’ve always considered myself a team player. I would love working behind the scenes and being in that group of people who help catapult someone to whatever seat they choose. I love work that keeps you running around, meeting people, and strategizing.



4) Why are you a conservative?

I’m a first general Filipino-American. Female. 25 years old. From California . All signs point to Democrat – so I’ve been told. I’ve mentioned my admiration for President Reagan. I was a young kid when he was president. I didn’t truly understand what his politics were, but I educated myself on what he stood for – and I liked what I learned. I have parents who were born in a country run by a dictator. I grew up appreciating freedom and the consequences when those freedoms slowly slip away. I believe the individual is capable of making decisions for them. I believe that it is the private sector through which a free nation can economically prosper. I believe that America is exceptional. I believe that our greatest defense against tyranny is our offense. I believe in the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness for ALL. I believe “In God We Trust” and “One Nation under God” are not just haphazard slogans, rather our nation’s foundation.

To check out more of Lorna, you can follow her on twitter here

3 comments:

  1. haha thanks for forgiving me on the Laker front....oh did i mention, WE WON :)

    thanks everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey likes this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mainstream media wouldn’t do it. So we are trying to get your important messages to the American people. 52 This post is a suggested read at, http://aresay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete