Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Miss Conservative of the Week

We here at the Conservative Comeback thought long and hard about what to do on a day when the most liberal President ever is sworn into office. Do we drink heavily? Do we search on the internet for a way to fall into a 4 year coma? Or do we top the inauguration by naming a hot new Miss Conservative of the Week? Well, since we are so full of hope and optimism, we went with option #3.

you can email your nominee to theconservativecomeback@yahoo.com read about qualifications in The Launch post


Your Miss Conservative of the Week is Michelle Oddis.












Now you can cleary see that Michelle fits the first criteria for Miss Conservative of the Week...shes hot. As you'll find out she fits the last 2 as well, smart and conservative.

Michelle is currently the Assistant Managing Editor at Human Events. She has appeared on Hannity and Colmes, as well as the O'Reilly Factor. So we emailed Michelle a couple of questions and she was nice enough to answer them.

Favorite Politician? It's hard to pick a favorite politician because it's rare that one representative will always vote the way I want them to. But that's good -- because they don't represent "me" -- they represent their constituency and work in the District to keep THE PEOPLE happy (we hope).

Right now I look to the members who voted against the bailout. Rep. Mike Pence. Senator Jim DeMint, I am also a big supporter of Mitt Romney.

Most important issue? I'll be keeping an eye out on the Fairness Doctrine in the coming administration, but I consider my self more than anything else a fiscally disciplined conservative and will be keeping an eye out for wasteful spending and earmarks from Democrats AND Republicans alike.

Nothing gets me more fired up then the public and drive by liberal media blaming President Bush for the financial crisis when Democrats ran congress through out the fall of Fannie Mae Freddie Mac.

Ever think of running for office? No. I have no desire to be a politician. My place with the rest of the press is to keep the administration in check. I've got my eye on them. Plus I despise politically correct rhetoric. I wouldn't make it one day!

Why are you a conservative? I would be lying if I said that I didn't have a conservative influence in my life. I lived with my Grandfather from the age of 16 until college. Every day when I got off the school bus Rush Limbaugh was on the radio. My Grandfather was a very positive figure in my life in many ways.

Aside from his wisdom, I was a student at a liberal college in Connecticut on the day of September 11th. The idea of strong National Security became very important to me. It was astounding at how soon those on my campus forgot what it meant to fight for freedom and democracy and that it cannot be taken for granted and can be easily lost.

The final straw: Those who want hand outs! Overly compassionate liberals would take away my opportunities. WORK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. I worked my way through college, I had two jobs, and got loans and grants. I wasn't guaranteed an education but had the will to find a way. I have compassion, but I believe in hard work and smart Americans who succeed even when the odds are against them. I believe that you find this notion in conservatism and it's an amazing thing.

I could go on and on with this one but I am already ranting!

I told ya shes good. Now hopefully this cheered you up a little so you dont feel like driving right into oncoming traffic anymore.

To read more of Michelle you can check out her columns here.

6 comments:

  1. i made out with her once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well answered!! I wouldn't expect anything different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pick. I've seen her on Fox before and love how on target she can be. I especially loved the time she shut Alan Colmes down = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her favorite band is Europe.

    ReplyDelete