Sunday, February 22, 2009

Record Ends

Woman's record-length fingernails broken in crash
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah woman listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for her long fingernails has lost them in a car crash.
Lee Redmond of Salt Lake City sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries in the accident Tuesday, the Deseret News reported.
Redmond's nails, which hadn't been cut since 1979, were broken in the crash. According to the Guinness website, her nails measured a total of more than 28 feet long in 2008, with the longest nail on her right thumb at 2 feet, 11 inches.


All records have to end at some point. Joe Dimmagio has a 56 game hitting streak because he failed to get a hit in game 57. This lady gave it all she had for longer than I've been alive. I mean I still bite my nails like they're made of prime rib, yet this lady hasn't taken a nibble since Carter was President.

I'm also mesmorized by that picture. I honestly would believe her if she told me she was 50 or 92.

No comments:

Post a Comment