Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reminiscing

With the NBA All Star game about to take place tonight I figured this would be a good time to reminisce back to my playing days.

A few years back I was stuck playing JUCO ball due to the fact that the college I was recuited to play ball at didn't like that I pulled an almost unbelievable 0.3 GPA my first semester there. Now luckily, I played my high school ball at an inner city high school, because that is the only thing that can prepare you for playing ball at a junior college. About 1/2 hour before practice I was in the trainers room giving my foot an ice bath due to a sprained ankle. In walks Dre with crutches. The following is the word for word conversation, because you just don't forget talks like these.

Dre: Yo, whats up man?

Me: Whats up?

Dre: You seen Teri (the trainer)?

Me: Yeah she just went up to the ADs office. She'll be right back

Dre: Your ankle gettin better?

Me: Yeah. Whats the deal with your crutches?

Dre: I got shot

Me: Again?

Dre: Yeah guy got me in my car this time when I was sittin outside my house (yes his second time being shot...in one season)

Me: That sucks

End of discussion. Now later after practice, discussion picks back up

Dre: Yo, you think you can give me a ride home?

Me: Absolutely not

This isn't close to the weirdest story I could write about, but for some reason I like this one the most. I should absolutely write a book based on my days playing in high school and college.

No comments:

Post a Comment