Saturday, July 18, 2009

Miss Conservative of the Week

Another week and another Miss Conservative from California. The state might not have money to pay their workers but they produce Miss Conservatives like it's their job. Your Miss Conservative of the week is Brandy.





1) Who is your favorite politician?

I have to admit that Ronald Reagan will always have a special place inmy heart... His presidential philosophy was truly inspirational. Ibelieve that much of the prosperity that we have enjoyed since the1980's was due to Reagan and his strong policies on national securityand economics. I never expected to find a politician that would matchmy own values as closely, but was pleasantly surprised when SarahPalin emerged onto the GOP scene. She embodies many of the qualitiesthat Reagan republicans remember fondly... a strong stance on nationalsecurity, fiscal responsibility, and a focus on traditional familyvalues to name a few. At this point in time, Sarahcuda is definitelythe politician that I follow most closely, and I can't wait to seewhat she has in store for her political future.

2) What is the most important issue to you?

It's hard to pick just one issue that is most important, but I thinkthat national security is at the top of my list. Without a safe andsecure country, we wouldn't be able to care about any of the otherissues that we argue about all the time (try worrying about globalwarming while North Korea and Iran are nuking us... something tells meyou won't care as much). I have an unwavering respect for all of themen and women in uniform who make incredible sacrifices so that we areable to enjoy the freedoms that we have every day.On a professional level, I am also very invested in the issue ofabortion. I hold strong pro-life values, and believe that society hasgotten way off track in regard to respecting human life. I amcurrently looking into the effects of abortion on a woman's mentalhealth over the course of her lifetime, and I hope to give a voice tomany women who regret their decisions and who experience difficultyafterward.

3) Have you ever thought of running for office?

Running for public office is constantly at the back of my mind, but Idon't know if I would ever have the ability to make it happen.Unfortunately, I have chosen a career path that is not conducive torunning for office as a republican, so if I were to run I would haveto give up the career that I have worked so hard for. That being said,I could see it happening at some point in the future. At the moment, Ihave dreams of working for Sarah Palin in any capacity... I believe sostrongly in her message and her ability, and would love to be able toput my years of education to good use for her and the good of the GOP.If you know how to make that happen, let me know ;)

4) Why are you a conservative?

I'm a conservative because I can't imagine living my life any otherway. I believe that we live in the greatest country in the world, andthat we owe that to the values that this country was founded on. Ourfounding fathers fought hard to ensure that we would have the freedomof speech and religion, that we would have the opportunity to becomesuccessful, and that we would have the security to enjoy these rights.Being a conservative means focusing on my own abilities and onachieving my goals rather than letting the government decide allaspects of my life. Contrary to what many believe, being aconservative doesn't mean that I am completely uncaring, that I hateminorities and homosexuals, and that I have no compassion for thepoor. I just happen to believe that all groups of people have thepotential within themselves to make things happen, and that when thegovernment gives handouts (rather than hand-ups), we are not onlydisrespecting them by believing them incapable, but we are sentencingthem to a life of dependency. And that, my friends, is not whatAmerica is all about.


For more info on Brandy you can follow her on twitter here or check out her blog rightlysensical

1 comment: