Monday, April 20, 2009

Badass of the Week

This weeks badass was a close call. We had two worthy competitors battle it out. In the end, I had step up and make a tough decision. I'm positive I made the right call. Your badass of the week is Carrie Prejean





FoxNews Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, but the big story to come out of the normally politics-free telecast was Miss California's comments regarding gay marriage.

When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

The whole reason for the badass of the week segment is to reward those people who have the guts to stick to what they believe in, even though they know they will be criticized for it. Whether you agree with her or not, this was the definition of being a badass.

Lets look at this from Carries perspective. She's getting a question about gay marriage from a guy that makes Barney Frank seem like he's straight as an arrow. She knows if she gives the answer she believes in that it will most likely cost her his vote. The easy thing would've been to lie and say the politically correct thing, that she is all for gay marriage. Instead she stuck to her guns, and now rather than being Miss USA she is the much more prestigious badass of the week.

Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, tells FOXNews.com that he was "saddened" by Prejean's statement.

"As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman," said Lewis in a statement. "I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit. I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone and religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family."

Keith needs to calm down here. He acts like she took the place hostage Somali pirate style, and started preaching about the sins of gay marriage. She was asked a question about her thoughts on the subject. She gave her opinion, and that has no place in the Miss California family? Once again we see the open mindedness and tolerance that the left believes in.

By the way the runner up for badass of the week is Madonnas horse. Everytime she gets tossed from that animal, I throw a party.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, she's nervy and all but I like smarts better: http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=73627214910&h=PZq3Q&u=e6zre&ref=nf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, crap that's going to my FB page which won't work, so just google miss teen south carolina 2007. can't miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't watch that. It's way to awkward for me. I start to get embarrassed for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You start to? At which point. Repeated attempts to discuss "The Iraq" or "maps" or "U.S. Americans"?

    If you can't watch it, try to follow this: http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/29/tube-map-for-miss-sc.html

    I know on some level I should feel sorry for her, but I just can't. People snickered at me for a month when I said my name :(

    ReplyDelete